Are you going through some tough times? Are your kids driving you crazy? Are you experiencing writer’s block? Did you just read a really negative review? When you experience setbacks, staying positive can help you get back to work and keep you healthy.
Read on for tips on staying positive.
- Take time to relax, even if it’s just taking a deep breath and counting to ten.
- Count your blessings. This is cliché, but it definitely works!
- Instead of being hard on yourself or thinking, “Why me?” instead think, “What can I learn? Did anything positive come from this?”
- Talk with a positive person.
- Read a positive news story (and spend less time reading depressing news stories).
- Stop reading negative Facebook comments and arguments (unfollow those people who always post negative statuses or that make you upset).
- Keep perspective-think “What is the worst-case scenario? Will this even matter in a week or two? How about a month? A year?”
- Focus on one problem at a time.
- Get some exercise in-go for a jog on the treadmill, take a walk, run up and down the stairs, do some yoga, and so on.
- Write down a step-by-step plan to deal with the situation.
- List 10 things that you’re good at.
- Serve someone else (help someone move, bring someone cookies or a note, listen to a friend who needs someone to rant to, etc.).
- Get a better night’s sleep.
- Talk about your troubles with a friend or family member.
- (Fake it ’til you make it!)
- Do something fun.